Recipe by Sharlene~W
This makes a large cake, perfect for a pot luck or a family gathering. It is a fairly flat cake--ends up less than two inches high after you have added the toppings. This recipe came from my sister-in-law in Chicago. I had a piece at a family reunion dinner and couldn't leave without the recipe! Yum Yum!
Top Review by Chef-KC
What a game and what a recipe! Yum Yum was a smash for the Super Bowl! A refreshing treat after the big game and some "adult beverages". A couple of sliight modifications really helped too. Both walnuts & macadamia nuts, and fresh crushed pineapple. Bueno! Thanks Sharlene & Kit-Kat!
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (9 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) package Cool Whip Topping
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) package crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a 12 x 17 or 12 x 15-inch pan.
- Mix cake according to directions and bake for 20 minutes or until done; let cool completely.
- Cook pudding with 1 cup milk, let cool.
- Mix pudding, cream cheese and frozen topping with mixer; spread over cool cake.
- Top with crushed pineapple.
- Sprinkle with coconut and nuts.
- Be sure to refrigerate leftovers.