Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very easy and delicious recipe from a popular spa retreat, Rancho la Puerta. It's low in calorie and fat, but packed with flavour. It's a great alternative lunch if you've been trying to squeeze in that new bikini from last summer.
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice, unsweetened best
- 1 tablespoon raisins or 1 tablespoon currants
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 golden delicious apples or 4 Red Delicious apples
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, apple juice, raisins, sunflower seeds, coconut, lime juice, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Core the apples and cut into thin wedges or bite-size pieces.
- Toss the apples in the yogurt mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Yummy! I left out the sunflower seeds (didn't have any) and tossed in a tablespoon of walnuts instead. Still delicious -- but if you plan to eat this over several days, leave out the nuts until you're ready to serve it so they don't get soggy. I also added a little zest from the lime to garnish -- which gave the salad an extra kick. Thanks for the recipe, Izzy!
ATTENTION: All those on a low-cal and low-fat diet, this is one of THE BEST recipes here. Absolutely flavour packed, nutritious, good for health and AMAZINGLY great! I omitted the sunflower seeds, but besides that used everything else. I scaled it down to 1 serving(just for me) and I can't find words to tell you how much I appreciate Izzy for sharing this recipe. I would suggest everyone to try this. A real WINNER!
Delicious! I always appreciate new ways with yogurt and the coconut, vanilla, and lime juice made this a new treat for me. Roxygirl