Feta Cheese, Apple, and Spiced Pecan Salad
photo by Charlotte J
- Ready In:
- 1 head boston lettuce, torn
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 Red Delicious apple, unpeeled and finely chopped
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 2⁄3 cups pecan halves
- For the pecans: Combine the butter, salt, cinnamon, ground red pepper, and a dash of hot sauce in a medium bowl. Add the pecans, stirring to coat.
- Spread in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes, stirring once. Cool completely on baking sheet on a wire rack.
- For the salad: Combine the lettuces, apple, cheese, and Spiced Pecans in a large bowl; toss gently, and set aside.
- For the dressing: Combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a jar. Cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Pour dressing mixture over the lettuce mixture; toss gently. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This salad has a nice combination of flavors, salty and sweet with a tangy from the dressing, that is topped off with spiced pecans. I made the nuts last week which were easy to make. As breesermom indicated you will munch on some each time you pass the container. This will be nice to serve for a dinner party. Don't go over board with the mustard or you'll mask the other flavors. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game
see 4 more reviews