12 hrs 20 mins
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A recipe I found online by 'New Idea' cooking editor Barbara Northwood. 170 grams = just under 6 ounces. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease an 18cm x 28cm (7 inch x 11 inch) rectangular slice pan; line the base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 2cm (3/4 inch) above the edges of the pan.
- 2Arrange the sponge finger biscuits in a single layer over the base of the pan, trimming to fit.
- 3To make the yoghurt topping, sprinkle the gelatine over the water in a small heatproof jug; stand the jug in a pan of simmering water and stir over the heat until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
- 4Combine the yoghurt, honey and 2 tablespoons of the passionfruit pulp in a medium bowl; stir in gelatine mixture.
- 5Place the egg whites in a small bowl; beat with an electric mixer until firm peaks form; do not overbeat; add the egg whites to the yoghurt mixture in two batches, folding gently to combine; pour over the sponge finger biscuits in the prepared pan; smooth over the top and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Remove the slice from the pan; cut into squares; drizzle with the remaining passionfruit pulp and decorate with mint.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yoghurt Passionfruit Slice
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.5
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.6 mg
- Sodium 102.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g