Cook1 hr 30 mins
Thick and yummy chili. I call it Yankee because it includes beans.
Make and share this Yankee Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs coarse ground beef (butcher at supermarket will grind it for you)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 3 -4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 dash cumin
- hot sauce, as spicy as you like
- Brown meat and onion and garlic in large pot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Reduce to simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for about 90 minutes stirring occasionally.
- I like to serve with cheddar cheese and corn bread.