1/1 Photo of Yakisoba With Pork and Cabbage
Nifty Japanese recipe with a tangy sauce; you really get the ginger in this! Comes together quite easily. From Mark Bittman in the New York Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces Chinese egg noodles, dried (or 10 to 12 ounces fresh)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 pork chops, thinly sliced
- 1 napa cabbage, small, shredded (about 4 cups, can also use savoy)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin (or a bit of sugar)
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped, white parts only
- 1Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it and add noodles. Cook until just done, about 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and run under cold water. Toss noodles with sesame oil to keep them from sticking together, and set aside.
- 2Put peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add ginger and cook, stirring, until just fragrant, about 1 minute. Add pork and cook for about 5 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink and is starting to brown around the edges.
- 3Add cabbage and carrots to skillet and stir; sprinkle with salt. Continue to cook until vegetables soften, adding a bit of water as needed to keep them from sticking.
- 4Meanwhile, stir together in a small bowl ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mirin and Tabasco. When vegetables are soft and any liquid has evaporated, add noodles and sauce to skillet. Toss to coat everything well and cook until noodles are warmed through. Serve, topped with chopped scallions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yakisoba With Pork and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.5
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 192.4 mg
- Sodium 1463.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 56.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: