Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
Xakk still loves Liz, but he is not so keen on onions, so this recipe features canned artichoke hearts instead. The salad keeps well and will make several meals for two lovers, but the recipe can be expanded to serve a crowd.
Top Review by ReeLani
While I like the idea of this salad, I think something else is needed. The combo of veggies is great, but the olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice just comes across as sour, with no balance. I did toss in a garlic clove, but that didn't help too much. I may at some time tinker with adding some herbs to the dressing.
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, drained
- 8 ounces black olives, pitted (about half a can)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup roma tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar