Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From WW Simply Delicious. Needs to marinade 1 hr to overnight.
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, cut into 8 pieces, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint
- 1 orange, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- Place chicken, orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, honey, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in large ziplock bag.
- Squeeze out air and seal bag, toss to coat.
- Refridgerate and turn occasionally 1 hr to overnight.
- Spray broiler rack with nonstick spray.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Arrange chicken on broiler rack.
- Broil 7-inches from heat, turning frequently, until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 25 minute.
- Meanwhile, pour marinade into small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Boil, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minute.
- Stir in currants.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with mint.
- Serve with orange and lemon wedges if using.