Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From WW Take Out Tonight
- 1⁄2 cup prepared salsa
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1/4 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and chopped
- To make the vinaigrette: puree salsa, onion, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, mustard, and salt in blender.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Sprinkle both side of chicken with cajn seasoning.
- Heat medium skillet over med-high heat.
- Add oil, then add chicken and cook until lightly browned and just cooked through, about 4 minute on each side.
- Transfer the chicken to cutting board.
- Let stand 5 min, then slice into 1/2-inch thick strips.
- Place the salad greens and bell peppers in a large bowl.
- Top with the chicken strips, tomato, and avocado.
- Serve with salsa vinaigrette.
- 5 POints for 1-1/2 cups salad with 1/3 cup vinaigrette.
This is an EXCELLENT, FLAVORFUL, TANGY, and HEALTHY salad! The dressing is a real winner, so full of flavor but no fat! I used Pace mild chunky salsa, white onion and lemon juice in the dressing. I pureed it with an immerson blender in a 2 cup pyrex. For the salad I used triple hearts lettuces and added purple cabbage and green onion. I didn't have an avocado to use. I made 2 servings. Made for Zaar tag.