Recipe by Algiers
My favorite brownie recipe. Not too sweet and very easy! The secret is in the coffee, you won't even know it's there!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Sorry to say that this wasn't a great success for us. My daughter prepared them, as the best family baker, they rose and overflowed the pan, stayed very wet, she had to bake them for nearly an hour in the end. The end result was very chocolatey, and they were enjoyed, but we didn't feel that the recipe worked well for us, unfortunately.
Thanks for sharing, this recipe was made for PAC Fall 2011
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt two cups of the chocolate chips in a large saucepan with the butter and coffee.
- Take off heat and stir in sugar, let cool.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in greased 13 x 9 pan and bake in 350° F oven for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out with few moist crumbs attatched.