1/1 Photo of Wonton Soup (Ww Friendly)
I love wonton soup, and came across this lower cal/lower fat version -- only 3 points per serving if following the WW flex plan. Recipe source: Great Cooking Every Day
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup tofu (the soft kind)
- 1/4 cup scallion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced and peeled
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 12 wonton skins
- 1 tablespoon tamari or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 star anise
- 1 slice fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup bok choy, leaves shredded
- 1/4 cup leek, rinsed and julienned (white part only)
- 1In a large saucepan, bring the broth to a boil and then add the chicken. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 8-10 minutes or when chicken is cooked through. Strain, reserving broth. When chicken is cool enough, shred chicken into thin 1-inch strips.
- 2Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, add enough water to cover carrots and bring to a boil, add carrots and simmer covered until carrots are tender (2 minutes). Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- 3To prepare wonton filing, combine chicken, tofu, scallions, garlic, minced ginger and hoisin sauce in a small bowl, mashing mixture together with a fork.
- 4Drop 1 tablespoon of filling onto center of wonton skin. Brush edges with water, then fold wonton into a triangle, pressing on the filling to remove trapped air and then press edges to seal. Bring together the two points of the triangle and then twist and press the points together. Repeat with remaining filling and wonton skins - making 12 wontons.
- 5In a saucepan combine the reserved broth (I would use the one I cooked the chicken in), the tamari (or soy sauce), star anise and ginger slice and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Remove the star anise and ginger and discard.
- 6Meanwhile cook the wontons in a large pot of simmering water until the wontons rise to the surface (3-5 minutes). Drain and Set aside cooked wontons.
- 7To the broth add the bok choy, leek and carrots - bring to a simmer, then remove pan from heat. Add wontons to broth and then serve soup in bowls.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wonton Soup (Ww Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.9
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 626.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 38.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: