Quick version of the Chinese favorite
- Ready In:
- 2 green onions
- 1⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 12 -18 wonton skins
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup spinach or 1/2 cup bok choy, leaves halved lengthwise,shredded
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- Reserve one green onion top for garnish; chop remaining green onions.
- Combine chopped onion, ground beef, celery, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl; mix lightly.
- Place approximately 1 1/2 tablespoonsful of ground beef mixture in center of each wonton square.
- Lightly dampen edges of square with water.
- Bring together corners; pinch to seal.
- Set aside.
- Bring broth to boil in large saucepan; reduce heat to medium.
- Add 1/2 of wontons; simmer 4 minutes.
- Remove cooked wontons with slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining wontons.
- Cut reserved green onion top into thin diagonal slices.
- Add to hot broth with spinach and carrot.
- Place wonton in soup bowls.
- Top with broth mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We loved this recipe! I'm a huge wonton soup fan so I was eager to make this. I was really happy with the overall flavor of the soup! Because a bunch of other people mentioned that their wontons fell apart, I kept mine out of the soup in a separate container after cooking them. I added them back into each bowl before serving, and nothing came part! Would for sure make again!2Reply
see 36 more