a tasty soup anytime of the year.
Make and share this Wisconsin Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery, cook until tender.
- Stir in flour, cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until bubbly.
- Stir in baking soda.
- Gradually stir in milk, and broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring until mixture thickens slightly, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add cheese, and red pepper, stirring until melted and well blended.
- Garnish with parsley.