Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adapted this recipe from a Betty Crocker Recipe. The additions of Garlic and extra vegetables make it even better than the original! To make this recipe Vegan, you can substitute the Skim Milk for Soy Milk! Enjoy! :-)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounces frozen vegetables, thawed (Beans, Carrots, Potatoes)
- 15 ounces corn kernels, drained
- 16 ounces beans (Great Northern & Pinto combination if available)
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk or 2⁄3 cup soymilk
- Cook Onion and Garlic in Olive Oil in Dutch Oven, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Stir in Vegetable Broth, Orzo, Ground Mustard, Pepper, Vegetables, Corn and Beans.
- Heat until Boiling, stirring occasionally.
- In bowl, combine Bisquick, Cornmeal, Garlic Powder, Basil and Oregano.
- Stir Milk into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Drop dough by tablespoon fulls onto boiling stew.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Cook covered for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve hot from the stove and enjoy!