Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This should warm you up!! Just the smell in the house makes my mouth water. I treated my neighbour to some last week and she keeps asking when I will make some more. "Good for the heart" comfort. Enjoy.
- 1360.77 g chicken, cut up (or use drumsticks, thighs or breast to your preference)
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 stalk celery, chunked
- 3 potatoes, chunked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 118.29-177.44 ml chicken broth (or water and chicken bouillon)
- 25 g chicken gravy mix
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 1. Put carrots, celery, potatoes, garlic and onion in bottom of slow cooker. Note: Add frozen peas after about 4 hours of cooking.
- 2. Mix chicken broth with gravy mix and basil.
- 3. Add chicken and bay leaf to slow cooker.
- 4. Pour chicken broth mixture over everything in slow cooker. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Cover and cook for 7 hours, or until done. (7 hours works well for me).
- 6. Break out the crusty bread and enjoy.
This is good! I made this as directed. For my family, this needed more direction or intensity of flavor. I so appreciate that tastes can be different and for those who appreciate a mellow comfort-food flavor, this is your dish! Thanks, Sue's Kitchen! Made for Spring 2011 PAC.
I made a few changes to fit my family's preferances, but it is an excellant recipe all around. Will happily make again.