Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Every bite in this salad is a surprise. You can make this salad even easier by spiking prepared salad dressing with dried cranberries, feta and onions.
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 4 ounces prewashed Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins or 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons minced red onions
- To make salad: Put pine nuts in microwavable bowl and heat on high 30 seconds. Stir then heat another 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Place spinach in large microwave safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave high 1 minute. Toss and microwave another 30 seconds, or until wilted.
- To make dressing: Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Stir in cheese, raisins and red onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour over spinach and toss; sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
Loved this salad! Changed nothing and was glad to eat it just as written. Only thing wrong was that there was not enough. I will double it next time, just for myself! Thnx for sharing your recipe, Skippy. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.