Recipe by Skippy [BW]
Every bite in this salad is a surprise. You can make this salad even easier by spiking prepared salad dressing with dried cranberries, feta and onions.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Loved this salad! Changed nothing and was glad to eat it just as written. Only thing wrong was that there was not enough. I will double it next time, just for myself! Thnx for sharing your recipe, Skippy. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 4 ounces prewashed Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins or 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons minced red onions
Directions See How It's Made
- To make salad: Put pine nuts in microwavable bowl and heat on high 30 seconds. Stir then heat another 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Place spinach in large microwave safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave high 1 minute. Toss and microwave another 30 seconds, or until wilted.
- To make dressing: Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Stir in cheese, raisins and red onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour over spinach and toss; sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.