1 hr 10 mins
carrie sheridan's Note:
the apple makes this very special
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 lbs)
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups prepared broth
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Peel and seed the butternut squash and cut into 2-inch chunks.
- 2Peel and core the apples and cut into 2-inch chunks.
- 3In a soup pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- 4Saute the onion and shallots until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the apples and squash and cook until nicely coated, about 3 minutes longer.
- 6Add the stock and rosemary and bring to a simmer. Add the thyme.
- 7Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are very tender, about 25 minutes.
- 8Remove from the heat. Using a hand-held or standing blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- 9Stir in the half-and-half and season with salt and pepper.
- 10Reheat gently over medium-low heat.
- 11Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and garnish with the sour cream, using a fork to swirl a zig-zagged pattern.
- 12[you can garnish with leaves of rosemary and thyme].
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Williams-Sonoma Winter Squash and Apple Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.3
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.2 mg
- Sodium 371.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 9.7 g