Squash and Apple Bake
My Mother makes this recipe at Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite squash recipes, even the kids love it, it's so sweet!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 lbs butternut squash, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 2 baking apples, cored and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Mix brown sugar, butter, salt and mace.
- Arrange squash in 12 x 7 x 2 oblong baking dish;ungreased.
- Top with apple slices.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture on top.
- Cover and cook in 350 degree oven until squash is tender 50-60 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This turned out very well. My mom and I discussed what should replace the green bean casserole no one ever eats, and she suggested something like this. I went hunting and was pleased to find this one. Made no adjustments. I think I layered it differently than these pictures indicate most people do. That's about it. Thanks. :)