Recipe by Charmie777
This is from Canadian Living magazine. Instead of wild rice you can use barley or wheat berries!
Top Review by Sharon123
I enjoyed this salad for lunch today. I used fresh apple as I had no dried, and used some cranberries too. For the dressing I used maple syrup in place of honey. The mint was a nice touch. I also quartered the recipe. Thanks Charmie! Made for ZWT4.
- 473.18 ml wild rice
- 118.29 ml diced dried apricot
- 118.29 ml diced dried apple
- 78.07 ml raisins or 78.07 ml currants
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
Mustard Honey Dressing
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 19.71 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml liquid honey
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cover and cook wild rice until tender, about 35 minutes. Drain well and transfer to large bowl. Add apricots, apple, raisins and golden raisins. Set aside.
- Mustard Honey Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over rice mixture and toss gently. Let cool; cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.) To serve, add mint and toss to combine.