Red Cabbage Salad With Apples, Raisins & Honey Dressing
photo by threeovens
- Ready In:
- 1 medium head red cabbage, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- salt (to taste)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a Dutch oven, place cabbage, apple juice, and salt. Simmer mixture for 15 minutes. Add the apples and raisins and continue simmering until cabbage and apples are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir together the vinegar, honey and oil until blended. Pour dressing over the cabbage and simmer mixture for 2 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate until serving time. Serve warm or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really loved this. I served it warm with oven baked fish and fries. Everything comes together so well to make it mildly sweet and sour and the apple and juice really enhances the red cabbage. I made the full recipe so there is a lot left and we're looking forward to trying it chilled tomorrow. Yum.