Recipe by swissms
Delicious wild rice salad with figs, pecans and cashews. Bon Appetit, March 1996.
Top Review by firstname.lastname@example.org
Living in Sonoma County, we frequent the Rutherford Grill and always order this salad with our meal. It's absolutely fabulous. I use champagne vinegar instead of balsamic as I learned this secret from our server.
- 946.36 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml wild rice (about 6 oz.)
- 118.29 ml finely chopped dried calimyrna fig
- 78.07 ml chopped toasted pecans
- 78.07 ml chopped toasted unsalted cashews
- 59.14 ml finely chopped green onion
- 29.58 ml finely chopped celery
- 29.58 ml finely chopped red onions
- 29.58 ml raspberry vinegar or 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 4 cups water and salt in medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add rice. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Drain well. Cool.
- Transfer rice to large bowl. Mix in figs, pecans, cashews, green onions, celery and red onion. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Mix vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and sugar in blender. With blender running, gradually mix in both oils.
- Pour dressing over rice mixture and toss. Season salad with salt and pepper.