Recipe by pam of pams-hams.com
This is a little something different to do with that ham bone in your freezer. It's a nice combination of flavors sure to please anyone that likes baked ham.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (A)
- 3⁄4 cup wild rice (A)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (B) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (B)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (B)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (B)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (B)
- 4 cups water (B)
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes (B)
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled cubed potatoes (C)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot (C)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (C)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (C()
- salt and pepper (C)
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained (D)
- 2 cups half-and-half (or milk, D)
- ham bone (D)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook (A) Set aside.
- (B) Combine butter, onion and garlic. Cook until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in the flour. Cook 1 minute stirring constantly. Add water and bouillon.
- Add (C) Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-30 minutes.
- Add (D) and simmer 20 more minutes. Remove bone from soup. Cut up ham, return chopped ham to soup.