Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great soup and freezes great! It just seems to get better each time we have it!
Make and share this Wild Rice and Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cook rice according to box.
- Saute mushrooms, onion, and butter.
- Add flour and chicken broth.
- Let still until a little thickened.
- Add rice, half and half, cheese, and chicken.
- Stir until all melted together and then add wine.
- Heat through (can also heat in crock pot).
Made this for the Fall PAC 2012 Orphanage tag game and what a winner. I did add a little minced garlic and some minced poblano pepper and leftover corn on the cob (taken off the cob) that I needed to use up....YUMMY! I did cut the recipe down for DH and I and he gobbled his up quite fast. This would be a good soup to use up some leftover turkey in instead of chicken. Anyway, thank you for posting and I'll make this often. Going into my Favorites of 2012.