Recipe by ajl694s
This is a great soup and freezes great! It just seems to get better each time we have it!
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for the Fall PAC 2012 Orphanage tag game and what a winner. I did add a little minced garlic and some minced poblano pepper and leftover corn on the cob (taken off the cob) that I needed to use up....YUMMY! I did cut the recipe down for DH and I and he gobbled his up quite fast. This would be a good soup to use up some leftover turkey in instead of chicken. Anyway, thank you for posting and I'll make this often. Going into my Favorites of 2012.
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (6 ounce) box Uncle Bens wild rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to box.
- Saute mushrooms, onion, and butter.
- Add flour and chicken broth.
- Let still until a little thickened.
- Add rice, half and half, cheese, and chicken.
- Stir until all melted together and then add wine.
- Heat through (can also heat in crock pot).