Manitoba Wild Rice
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- Rinse rice in colander with cold running water.
- In large saucepan, bring water and salt to boil; add rice; reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, over medium high heat, fry bacon 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Transfer bacon to paper towel; pat dry and chop.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings from skillet; add onions and cook, stirring 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add green pepper, celery and mushrooms; cook, stirring 3 minutes.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to 8 cup casserole.
- Stir in butter, beef stock, half of the bacon and rice.
- Top with remaining bacon.
- Bake covered, 15 to 20 minutes in 350 F degree oven until rice is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am one of the early members of Zaar joining in October 2001. It was instantly my favorite site even though there were only about 5000 recipes. Back then the original owners Troy and Gay ran the site and they had a lot of interaction with the members. I miss them. <br /> <br />Through the years it still remains to this day my favorite go to site and the one that I send all of my friends and family to when they need anything.</p> 8724616"