Recipe by Shuzbud
I got this delicious recipe from a chef at a restaurant where it was served with chicken. It also goes great with pasta or as a risotto sauce. It's easy to make but tastes very expensive!
Top Review by AA_MOMMY
Absolutely loooooved this recipe! I am a foodie and a new mom trying to loose weight. I substitute with light cream and when I have been really bad just low fat milk n some margarine n flour. Does the trick. Add any whole wheat pasta or even ravioli and you can have a yummy dinner portion under 550 calories including salad.
Just couple things, if making the low fat version always add fresh herbs and maybe a few red pepper flakes for kicks and be careful the stock cube makes the recipe very very salty. Add about half cube or low sodium stock.
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 20 small mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 chicken stock cube, undiluted
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- olive oil, to fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms in a little olive oil. Do not fry them long enough to change their colour.
- Add the wine and simmer for about 5 minutes until the wine has largely soaked in.
- Crumble in the stock cube.
- Add the cream.
- Reduce the heat to slowly bring to the boil and leave to simmer and thicken- this should take 5-10 minutes.
- If it does not thicken enough, add a little more chicken stock cube and simmer a bit longer.