Creamy Pork Chops 'n Cabbage Casserole
photo by Buddy's Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 4 pork chops
- 1 small cabbage
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- parmesan cheese
- melted butter
- 1 pinch sage
- salt and pepper
- Coarsley chop cabbage and boil in salted water for about 3 minutes, then drain thoroughly.
- Add salt, pepper and cream, cover and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute pork chops in butter until they are brown and almost cooked through.
- Remove chops and season them with salt and pepper.
- Stir white wine into the saute pan juices and add a pinch of sage.
- Simmer wine for a few minutes, then stir juice into creamed cabbage.
- Spread half the cabbage in the bottom of a casserole.
- Add pork chops, then cover them with the rest of the cream and cabbage.
- Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese and drizzle with a little melted butter.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Enjoyed very tender pork sirloin chops prepared in this manner, and nicely flavoured too. Used sage, salt and pepper as suggested and found it was all the seasoning that was needed, although I threw a half cup diced onion into the pot with the cabbage. Liked the ease of prep and the clear instructions. Served with nugget potatoes on the side. I will make this again, thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.