1/3 Photos of White Trash Hamburger Gravy and Breakfast Biscuits
Pot Scrubber's Note:
This was my sister's favorite thing to eat when she was growing up. She wouldn't let anyone but me make it for her.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook and drain beef. (I rinse the beef under hot water to remove all of the grease -- it is rich enough!).
- 2Melt butter in a pan and when melted and lightly sizzling add the flour.
- 3Whisk until combined and gently simmer the butter/flour mixture for about two minutes to remove the flour/starch taste but don't let it brown any.
- 4Add the 1.5 cups of milk and quickly whisk until smooth. SImmer until thick over medium heat stirring constantly. It will be quite thick.
- 5Add the half and half cream and quickly whisk until smooth.
- 6Cook over low heat until thickened.
- 7Add the beef and adjust the seasonings.
- 8Serve over good biscuits well buttered.
- 9This is a very creamy and rich gravy. You may use 2 cups whole milk if you need to omit the cream.
- 10If it is too thick for your taste -- then dilute with more milk -- but it usually is perfect the way it is written.
- 11Leftovers are excellent.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Trash Hamburger Gravy and Breakfast Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.2
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 190.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 15.2 g