Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for a special occasion! Best if made a day ahead.
Make and share this White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumb
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and melted butter until well blended.
- Press mixture onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- (I lightly greased the bottom of the pan although it didn't call for it).
- To make raspberry sauce~in a medium saucepan, combine raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Bring to boil.
- Continue boiling until sauce is thick and clear.
- Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat white chocolate chips and half and half, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and alow to cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate chips.
- Pour half of batter over crust.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of raspberry sauce over batter.
- Pour remaining batter into pan.
- Spoon another 3 tablespoons of raspberry sauce over the top of the batter.
- Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create marbles effect being careful NOT to disturb bottom crust.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is set.
- Allow to cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours before removing from pan.
- Serve with remaining raspberry sauce.
Good cheesecake, but I just didn't notice that much of a difference in my regular cheesecake filling and this one with the addition of the white chocolate. The flavors blend quite well and it was a delicious cheesecake, I just expected more of a "white chocolate" flavor. Very good and I'll make again.
This was the first cheesecake I ever made and it was sooo good! Plan on making it tommorow
Made this as part of my cheesecake baking spree. The most time consuming part is sieving the raspberry seeds. Otherwise it's pretty simple, as cheesecakes go. I used Nestle White Baking morsels, since I had those on hand, and I could taste them. I'm sure I'd like the flavor better with real white chocolate. I used chocolate graham crackers for the crust, with a tablespoon of cocoa powder added to the mix for more flavor. I can't say that I recommend that as I wasn't thrilled with the final taste of the crust. Just can't find an affordable and good-tasting chocolate cookie option. I might do a crushed shortbread crust with this another time as I don't think it needs the chocolate crust. DH loved it, by the way.