White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
photo by pastry-girl
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces fine quality white chocolate
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- fresh raspberry
- mint sprig
- Make crust: Finely grind almonds and crumbs in a food processor.
- Add butter, blending until combined.
- Press over bottom and 2/3 up side of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Make filling: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a large metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring until smooth, and remove from heat.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in sugar.
- Add whole eggs and yolks, 1 at a time.
- Beat well at low speed and scrape down bowl after each addition.
- Beat in flour and vanilla until just combined.
- Add melted chocolate in a slow stream, beating until filling is well combined.
- Arrange berries in 1 layer over crust and pour filling into crust.
- Bake in middle of oven until cake is set 3 inches from edge but center is still wobbly when pan is gently shaken, 45 to 55 minutes.
- (You can also test the doneness of a cheesecake with a thermometer. The internal temperature should be 160 to 165 degrees F.).
- Run a thin knife around edge of cake to loosen, then cool completely in pan on a rack.
- (Cake will continue to set as it cools.) Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Cheesecake can be made 3 days ahead and chilled, covered.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made this cheesecake, which I got from a Food Network Show as well, and let me tell you it is FABULOUS!! One smal difference is the reicpe I followed had Amaretto in it as well. It is a VERY impressive cheesecake, in fact, the two times I made it and brought it to parites, NOBODY believed that I had made it....they all thought It was professionaly made and bought! LOL
This is a fantastic recipe! I created an account just to review it. It's easy to make, absolutely delicious, and it comes out beautifully every time. It's a definite crowd-pleaser, I've never had any comments but rave reviews. It's easy to put together and it looks quite nice when plated. Make sure to mix it thoroughly without over-beating it, and don't forget the parchment paper, the bottom of the crust burned the one time I did (everyone still ate it and loved it!). This cheesecake has become one of my go-to recipes when I want to bake to impress. Its easy to make, comes out beautifully and looks gorgeous when cut into slices. One of my favorite recipes now!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I live in Northeastern Ohio. We have two beautiful children, Natalie who is 2 1/2 and Noah who is just 9 months. I learned how to cook from watching my mother and FoodTV. I used to burn everything, but have since learned to make very tasty dishes. I love to search this website and try new meals all the time.