White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Great for a special occasion! Best if made a day ahead.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumb
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and melted butter until well blended.
- Press mixture onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- (I lightly greased the bottom of the pan although it didn't call for it).
- To make raspberry sauce~in a medium saucepan, combine raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Bring to boil.
- Continue boiling until sauce is thick and clear.
- Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat white chocolate chips and half and half, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and alow to cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate chips.
- Pour half of batter over crust.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of raspberry sauce over batter.
- Pour remaining batter into pan.
- Spoon another 3 tablespoons of raspberry sauce over the top of the batter.
- Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create marbles effect being careful NOT to disturb bottom crust.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is set.
- Allow to cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours before removing from pan.
- Serve with remaining raspberry sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation