This is a great winter chili that everyone will love. My neighbors kids love it so much they eat it for breakfast! Super easy and so delicious.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen white corn, thawed
- 2 (4 -8 ounce) canschopped green chilies (I use 2)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 -3 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained
- crushed tortilla chips
- shredded monterey jack cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer)
- Mix water, lemon pepper and cumin seed in large saucepan and heat to a boil.
- Add chicken breast halves, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Add chicken back to liquid in saucepan.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and cook onions and garlic for a minute or two and then add to saucepan with the chicken.
- Stir in corn, green chilies, ground cumin and lime juice and heat to a boil.
- Add beans and cook until thoroughly heated.
- To serve- place crushed tortilla chips and some shredded cheese into each bowl and ladle hot soup over them.