1/1 Photo of White Castle Cheeseburgers
Miss Erin's Note:
I love White Castle. I admit it, but I'd have to drive two hours to get to the nearest White Castle, so, I found this recipe in the Top Secret Recipes book. It is very well worth the effort if you love White Castles. Nothing compares to this taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the beef into 16 1 oz portions.
- 2On wax paper, form the portions into square, very thin 2.5" patties.
- 3Poke 5 holes in each patties with a circular object such as a straw.
- 4Freeze the patties until firm.
- 5Toast the faces of the dinner rolls, either in a hot frying pan or under the broiler In a hot frying pan or skillet, preheated to medium heat, arrange tablespoon sized piles of onions 3 inches apart.
- 6Salt and Pepper each pile.
- 7Spread the onions flat and place a frozen patty on each pile.
- 8Salt each patty.
- 9Cook each patty for 4-6 minutes, steam from the onions should cook each burger without having to flip it.
- 10Turn the bottom half of the bun onto the patty.
- 11Hold it down as you scoop a spatula under the onions, turn the sandwich over onto a plate Cut the American cheese into 2" portions and place on the onions and patty.
- 12Replace the top of the roll.
- 13Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Castle Cheeseburgers
Serving Size: 1 (1116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.4
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.9 mg
- Sodium 294.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 10.9 g