Makeover White Texas Sheet Cake
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring butter and water just to a boil. Immediately remove from heat; stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, applesauce, salt, baking powder, extract and baking soda until smooth.
- Pour into a 15X10X1 inch baking pan coated with nonstick spray. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat butter and extract until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Add milk; beat until smooth. Spread over warm cake; sprinkle with almonds. Cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Kansas City area and have many hobbies including cooking, reading and spending time with my husband and two children who are very active in sports now. I also have an eBay business which is a fun hobby that makes a little extra money! My interest in cooking focuses on making healthy dishes that are more satisfying than the higher fat and higher sugar versions. If I had a month off with no responsibilities, I would spend it at a luxury spa. <br /> <br /></p>