1/1 Photo of Whiskey Cream Liqueur Ice Cream
Lou van's Note:
I took this recipe from a free leaflet the I picked up in Sainsburys some time ago and only got round to making it yesterday. I used a shops own brand Whiskey Cream Liqueur; but "Heather Cream" a Scottish liqueur or Baileys could be used; and it was great. Would go great with hot home made mince pies in the Christmas season. If you don't have an ice-cream maker pour the mixture into a freezer proof container, cover and place in freezer for 1 hour. Remove from the freezer and break up the mixture with a fork until it is "mousse" like to prevent ice crystals forming. Freeze again for a further hour and repeat the process, then freeze until solid. Remove from the freezer a few minutes before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the water into a small heavy based saucepan, add the sugar and heat on a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- 2Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes then set aside to cool.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir the liqueur into the mascarpone until smooth.
- 4Gradually incorporate the cooled sugar syrup and cream.
- 5Pour the mixture into an ice-cream maker and follow maufacturers instructions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whiskey Cream Liqueur Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 14.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: