Recipe by BlueHyacinth
This is the best whipped potato casserole you will ever make. These are full of flavor and richness, and are wonderfully good with gravy on them. Just give them a try and let me know what you think!
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled & quartered (I prefer Yukon gold)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (8 ounce) containerwhipped cream cheese with chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Coat a 13x9" glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover. Lightly salt and bring to a boil. Lower to simmering; cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until fork tender, drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with a hand mixer. Add butter, half & half, cream cheese, garlic salt and nutmeg. With mixer, beat potatoes on med-high speed until very smooth. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle sliced almonds over casserole; bake an additional 15 minutes, uncovered, until lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.