Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Super easy, super good; a really great "in-a-pinch" dessert. From a cookbook entitled "Second Round", the second in the "Tea Time At The Masters" set from the Augusta, Georgia Junior League. Cook time is chilling time, and time to prepare the fruit isn't included.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream, whipped
- 1 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
- fresh fruit (to garnish)
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Fold cheese mixture into whipped cream.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Garnish with fruit-- peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, would all be good with this; as would some shaved chocolate!
I made it for my son's 7th birthday. Calculated calories: 3,254. Excellent--perhaps best--frozen. used heavy cream, which I prefer to whipping.
I follow step by s step and did not come out firm at all. Just like cake icing sorry <br/>Waste my money
Yes: it's very quick and easy. Not quite a "wow" dessert though. Sliced strawberries help a lot. I'll make it again, just need to decide how to perk it up. I did use Cool Whip instead of cream just to see how it would taste. Wasn't bad. GoKittenGo, Thanks for a useful recipe . . . Janet