Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This delicious summer grill recipe was printed in a recent magazine. I believe it was Cooking Light. We really enjoyed it and will make it often.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled and cut
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper (1 small)
- 1 cup chopped strawberry (about 8)
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- Whisk together vinegar, orange juice concentrate, oil, cilantro and salt.
- Remove 2 tbsp of mixture and set aside for salsa dressing.
- Add garlic and pepper to remaining mixture for marinade.
- Place marinade in a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag or shallow glass dish with chicken; turn to coat.
- Let stand 20- 30 minutes; turn chicken occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare salsa.
- Peel kiwi.
- Cut crosswise into 1/4" thick slices; stack slices and cut into quarters.
- Toss kiwi in reserved dressing with pepper, strawberries and red onion.
- Set aside.
- Heat charcoal 30 minutes until coals are covered with a light layer of gray ash, or heat gas grill 10 minutes with lid closed.
- Grill chicken 5- 7 minutes per side over medium coals (375 degree grill surface temperature).
- Remove from grill when a meat thermometer inserted horizontally into the thickest part of the the breasts reads 160.
- Serve chicken with salsa, black beans and french bread.
Fantastic! We were craving something light, yet, tasty & exotic. This was the perfect solution. Great presentation for guests, too!
Elegant and delicious, like something ordered in a summer bistro. I loved the fruit salsa and the very tasty marinade. Next time I will marinate this even longer, but it was quite good as is.