Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Zucchini, Tomato and Basil
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6-8 oz each)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, thickly sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- olive oil, for basting
- Prepare a fire in a charcoal grill.
- Butterfly each chicken breast half by slicing it horizontally from one side to within 1/2 inch of other.
- Open like a book and sprinkle to taste with salt and pepper.
- For Marinade: In a shallow baking dish, combine ingredients.
- Add chicken and turn to coat all sides.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Layer tomato and zucchini slices and basil leaves inside each chicken breast.
- Close and secure with toothpicks.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken breasts over a medium fire, turning often and brushing occasionally with olive oil, until juices run clear when pierced by a skewer, 20-30 minutes.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.