Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the WW website for my 'zaar buddies! The following are variations that can be added along with the appropriate POINTS values: We used POINTS Tracker to calculate the following additions to an individual 1-cup serving: ¼ cup corn kernels, POINTS value: ½ ¼ cup black beans, drained and rinsed, POINTS value: ½ 2 oz cooked shrimp, POINTS value: 1 2 oz shredded or diced white meat chicken, POINTS value: 2 2 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream, POINTS value: 1
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup tomatillo, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 14 ounces canned Mexican-style tomatoes, Mexican-style preferred
- 1⁄2 medium poblano chile
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 roasted red peppers, packed in water
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Put snap beans, garlic, zucchini, tomatillos, jalapeno, diced tomatoes, green chili pepper, onion, green pepper, cumin, oregano and vegetable broth into a large soup pot.
- Puree roasted peppers with chipotle in adobo sauce in a blender or food processor, and add to soup; stir to combine.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt, lime juice and cilantro. Serve.
- Serving Size: about 1 cup.
Delicious. What a nice change from the usual 0 point soups. Thank you for posting this scrumptious recipe. My whole family loves its, and the fact that it is Weight Watchers is my little secret.
I really love this soup! It tastes wonderful; the flavor is outstanding and I love the spiciness. A definite keeper! Thanks for posting!