Zero Points Veggie Soup (Weight Watcher Friendly)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 3 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 8 cups napa cabbage (sliced and chopped)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs mixed vegetables (frozen, I use the one that had the lima beans added to it)
- 29 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes (Hunts makes these and that would be 2 cans)
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I used 1 packet of Splenda)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Over medium high heat, in a large pot add the extra virgin olive oil and the onion, celery, garlic, and cabbage.
- Fry for 10-15 minutes or until onions and cabbage have a nice brown color, stirring frequently to make sure you get all the little goodies off the bottom of the pot.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the frozen vegetables, tomatoes, vegetable stock, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, allspice, and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the sugar and vinegar. This does two things; it helps neutralize the gas of the cabbage and also the acid of the tomato.
- Enjoy! On Weight Watchers this is a zero point soup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife, a mother, grandmother and foremost a believer. I love to cook and bake for if man does not live by bread alone let the bread we eat be the best that there is! I love to read recipes and than experiment...make them mine...with my flare. For if its wworth doing do it right!