Coconut Chicken Stirfry over Rice - Weight Watcher Friendly
- Ready In:
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes (amout 3 breast)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot Asian chili sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce; set aside.
- Dust the chicken with the flour; set aside.
- In a large wok, heat 2 tsp of the oil over medium high heat; cook onions, garlic and ginger for 4 minutes, or until onions are browned. Add peppers and mushrooms; cook for 30 seconds. Add about 2 - 3 T of the sauce to the veggie mixture and cover to steam; about 1 minute. Careful not to over cook the peppers. Transfer mixture to a bowl; set aside.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray. Heat remaining oil over medium high heat; cook chicken for 3 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Add the sauce and veggies to the wok along with chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and mixture thickens. Add cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!