Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you thought this salad was off limits because it's loaded with fat, think again: Our slimmed down version goes easy on the oil and cheese.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped, rinsed well and patted dry
- Combine all ingredients, except lettuce, in a blender or food processor; puree until blended. (Note: Omit the anchovies if you do not like their flavor.).
- Place lettuce leaves in a large bowl and toss with dressing until well coated. Yields about 2 cups per serving.