Classic Tasty Caesar Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove, cut into halves
- 8 anchovy fillets, cut up
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices bread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- Rub the inside of a salad bowl with garlic clove and discard clove.
- Stir anchovy pieces, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and spices to make a dressing.
- Coat lettuce with dressing.
- Break cottled egg (directions below) over salad squeeze lemon and add croutons, (directions below) and cheese.
- Toss and serve.
- To make croutons: Butter both sides of bread and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cut into cubes and toast either in a dry skillet or in a 400F oven until golden and dry. about 10-15 minutes.
- To make coddled egg: Place cold egg in warm water.
- Cover with boiling water for 30 seconds
- Immerse in ice water to stop cooking process.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Life is changing. Havent quite landed yet and decided. My primary occupation these days is being me. As for the rest in the imortal words of Peirre Elliot "just watch me" <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">