1/3 Photos of Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
Kelly M.'s Note:
A different side dish to go with your Asian meal. These potatoes are spiced with wasabi horseradish. And yes, you will definitely be able to taste it, so you may want to add the wasabi little by little to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into approximately 2-inch chunks.
- 2Place in pot with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- 3When boiling, cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- 4While the potatoes are cooking, in a small bowl combine the wasabl powder and the water to make a paste and set aside.
- 5Drain the potatoes and immediately return them to the same pot.
- 6While the potatoes are still hot add the butter and mash until completely smooth.
- 7Add the cream and mash again until well combined and creamy.
- 8Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the wasabi paste and mash once more, until well combined.
- 9As mentioned above, these may be potent for some, so you may want to add the wasabi a little at a time, tasting as you go (It's perfect for me with the full amount).
- 10If you want creamier potatoes, add more cream by the teaspoon until desired consistency.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.6
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 657.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: