1/1 Photo of Warm Doughnuts a La Mode With Bananas and Spiced Caramel Sauce
A new and delicious twist on an old favorite. I found this recipe in Bon Appetite, Jan 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cinnamon doughnuts or 2 crumb doughnuts or 2 glazed doughnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons golden brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 2 small ripe bananas, peeled, cut on diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- vanilla ice cream
- toasted pecans
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Place the doughnuts on small baking sheet; then set aside.
- 3To make the caramel sauce: stir the butter and brown sugar in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- 4Boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Mix in lemon juice and spices, then rum; stir to blend.
- 7Cool caramel sauce 3 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, broil the doughnuts just until hot and bubbly, watching closely to avoid burning, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- 9Transfer the doughnuts to 2 dessert sized plates.
- 10Gently toss bananas with caramel sauce in skillet, to coat.
- 11Top doughnuts with a scoop of ice cream, flattening slightly in center.
- 12Spoon bananas and caramel sauce over.
- 13Sprinkle with nuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Doughnuts a La Mode With Bananas and Spiced Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 132.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: