Toffee Cheesecake With Caramel Sauce
photo by Pammysue2708
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 lbs cream cheese, room temp
- 5 large eggs, room temp
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1⁄4 ounces chocolate-covered english toffee bars, in pieces (Heath or Skor)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly butter inside of 9" springform pan with 2 3/4" high sides.
- Combine crumbs, butter, and brown sugar in small bowl.
- Press crumbs over bottom and 1" up sides of pan.
- Refrigerate crust.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until smooth.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Mix in vanilla and fresh lemon juice.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake until cake rises about 1/2" over rim and center moves only slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool on rack. (Cake will fall as it cools, sinking in center.).
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 6 hours.
- Heat sugar and water in heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and boil without stirring until mixture is rich caramel color, occasionally swirling and washing down sides of pan with brush dipped into cold water, about 8 minute.
- Reduce heat to very low.
- Add cream (mixture will bubble up) and stir until smooth.
- Mix in butter.
- Cool slightly.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Using small sharp knife, cut around sides of pan to loosen cake.
- Release pan sides.
- Pour 2/3 Celsius caramel sauce into center of cake.
- Cover remaining caramel sauce and let stand at room temperature.
- Chill cake until caramel topping is almost set, about 2 hours.
- Whip 3/4 Celsius cream with 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl until firm peaks form.
- Spoon cream into pastry bag fitted with star tip.
- Pipe cream decoratively around edge of cake.
- Arrange toffee pieces in whipped cream border.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Pass remaining caramel sauce separately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!