Pumpkin Cheesecake With Gluten Free Gingersnap Crust
photo by DeliciousAsItLooks
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 40mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups gingersnap crumbs, from Midel brand gluten free gingersnaps
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (not imitation vanilla)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- pecan halves, for garnishing
- FOR CRUST: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap outside of a 9-inch diameter springform pan with foil to catch drips. Place Midel brand gingershaps into a 1-gallon plastic freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin. Measure out the 1 1/2 cups and combine them with the butter and sugar in a bowl. Press mixture into bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of the springorm pan. Bake crust about 5 minutes until slightly darkened. Set aside. Maintain oven temperature.
- FOR FILLING: Blend the room temperature cream cheese and sugar in a food pocessor or heavy duty mixer until smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and spices. Mix or Process until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl for a nice homogenous mixture. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake cheesecake until the center is set (doesn't slosh around AT ALL in the middle when the pan is wiggled) and edges begin to crack, about 1 hour and 5 minutes. Cool in the springormpan on a rack. Chill uncovered until cold, at least 6 hours. (Can be made a day ahead, cover and keep it chilled, but don't make it any more than a day in advance.).
- Run a knife around between the crust and side pan sides; remove sides. Arrange pecans decoratively on cake.
- Great served plain or with a dollop of real whipped cream spiked with whiskey.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love to cook for hobby, not routinely Too busy medical professional Sister and neice with celiac disease, so always looking for Thanksgiving dinner recipes that are gluten free