Recipe by *Parsley*
A different way to serve Brussels sprouts.
Top Review by Spice Princess
These are sooooo goooood! I did make a couple changes, roasting the sprouts at 425F for about 10 minutes instead of steaming them, and also shortening the time that they cook in the pan with the onions. I like them really, really al dente. Other than that, didn't change a thing. I really wish DH liked Brussels sprouts so I could make this for him, but on the other hand that leaves more for me! I really might eat this every day for the rest of the week :) Thanks so much for sharing!
- 1⁄2 lb Brussels sprout, halved
- 1⁄4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam Brussels sprouts until almost tender, about 8 minutes. Set them aside.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet over high heat, cook the walnuts, shaking skillet occasionally, until lightly toasted, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, salt, marjoram and pepper. Cook until onion just softens, 2 minutes. Add reserved sprouts; cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes. Add wine; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowl; toss with reserved walnuts.