Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This quiche is beautiful & delish! If you crave something savory for breakfast try my simple quiche. These are ingredients I always have on hand and can whip this up a head of time or in the morning. Measurements can be altered to taste. If you like spicy, savory add more, if not, add less. The salsa gives this quiche a nice kick and the flavors of cilantro, sausage and potatoes add to the taste and textures. This is a family favorite in my house. Great for overnight company as it feeds alot. Serve with sliced avocado, sour cream or salsa on the side.
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage (1 roll)
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, to taste rough chop
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 cups frozen southern style potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning, to taste
- 1 tablespoon green chili salsa
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 dash smoked paprika (about 1 tsp)
- Preheat oven 375' F.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain on paper towel.
- Mix quiche ingredients in large bowl, add sausage and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top with Mexican/Fiesta cheese blend and sprinkle smoked paprika on top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted near the center come out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Bueno! Enjoy.