photo by flower7
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F Roll out pie crust and place in pie plate; set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high and saute chorizo, breaking into smaller chunks, for 4-5 minutes or until mostly cooked through. Add onion and cook until onion is soft and chorizo is cooked all the way through. Stir in beans.
- Place cheese in crust then add onion, chorizo & bean mixture.
- Beat eggs and milk together until slightly foamy then add salt and pepper. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake until brown and puffed, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Great quiche! I cook the chorizo in one pan, so I can leave more grease behind. I slow cook my onion in the other pan. Sometimes I add a diced bell pepper, and cook that for a while. I add the beans late, just enough to preheat them and mix them. I usually add cilantro because I grow it and like it. I skip the salt and pepper because the chorizo has enough for us. I put my cheese on last so I can get a golden crust of cheese on the top. We love this quiche!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have a degree in archaeology from a small Ohio college and I work for the Ohio History Connection. My passions are art, music, books, food, history, and cats/animal welfare. I also love photography. I have a 1,000 (plus) piece collection of vintage flower pins from the 1960's, hence the username ha. I also have small collections of vintage butterfly pins, vintage tablecloths, and vintage glass Christmas ornaments. (Can you tell I love vintage?) I took a trip to the Netherlands in March 2006 and fell in love! I doubt it will happen but if I ever have the opportunity I would love to live there.